It’s no secret that finding a good roofing contractor can be challenging.
However, the right criteria can make the process much easier.
Do your research ahead of time and compare various contractors before making your final decision. You will know that your roof is in good hands by choosing the best one for you. Here are five qualities to look for in the best roofing contractor.
1. A great reputation
One of the most important things to consider is the reputation of the contractor.
Roofers with excellent track records and a positive reputation will offer good service, quality craftsmanship, and reliable support. This ensures that your roofing needs will be taken care of quickly and effectively and helps to ensure that you will be satisfied with the results.
When choosing roofing professionals, carefully evaluate their reputation and experience. You can easily find reviews online and ask for references too. It could make all the difference in the outcome of your project.
2. Lots of experience
While there are several essential qualities to focus on when hiring a contractor, experience may be the most crucial. A roofer who has worked in the industry for many years will have a thorough understanding of all the components that make up a roof, from materials and trusses to roof sheathing and roof ventilation systems.
In addition, this roofer will also have extensive hands-on experience with roofing repairs and installations, allowing them to work quickly and efficiently to get the job done right the first time. Look for a professional roofer with a lot of experience for your peace of mind.
3. A local roofing contractor
Local contractors are easier to find when you use an online directory. An experienced roofer who is familiar with your area’s unique climate and weather patterns can provide quality work tailored to your home or business.
Local roofers are also more accessible in emergency repairs or other unforeseen situations and have easier access to supplies and materials from nearby vendors.
Whether you need a new roof installed or repairs, choosing a locally based roofing contractor will ensure you get the best possible service. Ask your family, friends or neighbors for recommendations.
4. Great value for money
When you’re working with one of the best roofing companies, it’s essential to find one whose materials and services are high-quality and affordable.
That way, you can be sure you’re getting the most value possible from your roofing project, whether it’s installing new roofs or repairing existing damage.
When comparing quotes from different companies, ask about their materials and installation methods and what warranties they offer. Also, make sure the estimate reflects the full price with no hidden fees or stipulations.
5. Valid licenses and insurance
Finally, one of the most essential qualities to look for in a top roofing professional is a valid license and insurance. This is because properly licensed and insured roofers are more likely to provide high-quality, reliable roofing services. They will have the necessary experience and qualifications to carry out roofing work safely and efficiently and will have financial support in the event of accidents or damage.
When roofers are licensed and insured, they are more accountable for their actions, giving homeowners the peace of mind that a professional service is taking care of them. Choosing roofing contractors with valid licenses and insurance is one of the best ways to ensure quality work.
Now that you know the five qualities to look for in the best roofing contractors, you can be sure you’re getting the best possible service for your needs. Keep these qualities in mind when choosing a contractor and you’ll be one step closer to ensuring a successful roofing project.
ROOFING 101: FIND A CONTRACTOR
PART ONE OF A FOUR PART SERIES ON FINDING THE RIGHT ROOFING PROFESSIONAL FOR YOUR HOME
Finding a reliable contractor is the most important part of a roofing project. Confidence that you have selected the right roofing contractor will help ensure that you have a quality roof on your head and that you’re hard earned money has been spent wisely. Here are five easy steps to help you compile a list of potential roofing contractors.
1. Ask for references — References are the best place to start when beginning a search for reputable contractors. With the proliferation of social media, you no longer have to limit your research to your neighbors and close friends. Alert your local audience on your favorite social media platform that you’re thinking of changing your roof, and ask if they have a contractor they’d recommend. When you receive a referral, be sure to follow up by asking the following five questions:
Would you hire this contractor again or recommend a family member?
Are you satisfied with the quality of the work?
Did the contractor respond to questions and provide regular updates as the work progressed?
Was the job completed on time (barring weather delays) at the estimated price?
2. Look online — Most businesses now have a social media presence, so visit sites like Facebook, Interest, and Integra to peruse reviews and photos of a contractor’s latest work. Be wary if a site is not regularly maintained or the photos look old – it could indicate a lack of interest in maintaining a professional image. The location and reviews of roofing contractors can also be found on sites like Google, Yelp, and HomeAdvisor.
3. Research professional organizations — Professional roofing associations, whose members are actual contractors, can be an excellent source of information. Check out organizations like the National Roofing Contractors Association and its affiliates and regional roofing contractor associations like the Western States Roofing Contractors.
4. Locate manufacturer referral services — established manufacturers often have their own base of preferred contractors, such as CertainTeed’s find a Professional. Here you can find contractors and builders who can skillfully install CertainTeed roofing products. Find a Professional searches for contractors within the United States and Canada, by region, and provides you with a comprehensive list including their location, customer reviews, and service or credential updates.
5. Visit Your Local Dealer — the first stop in this case isn’t the big-box construction retail chain, but instead professional building-supply dealers who work with reputable contractors on a regular basis. These local dealers can recommend contractors with whom they have good working relationships, do quality work, and pay their bills on time.