The days of queuing at “NEPA” office before being able to pay or renew bijli bills are long gone. You will learn how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online from the comfort of your own home. We will discuss how to load a prepaid meter and explain how to recharge the prepaid meter electricity bills online.
Before introducing digital payment platforms, you would have to physically visit your nearest bank or electricity distribution company to pay your bijli bills. Things have improved slightly, as one can now successfully recharge electricity units from Bajaj Finserv app without physically visiting the bank.
How to Charge a Prepaid Meter
- The first step is to buy an electricity token by inputting your meter number. It has a total of 20 digits. It is available from a vendor, a third-party payment service, or your bank.
- Enter your prepaid meter’s 11-digit number, then press the ENTER button.
- This will indicate SUCCESS or FAILURE. CONNECT — This indicates that your UIU has been connected to the meter.
- Enter the 20-digit electricity token you purchased carefully, then press the ENTER button.
- To indicate that you have successfully loaded the token, your UIU box will emit a beep sound.
- The KWH value for the electricity token you have loaded will be displayed on the UIU screen.
How to Recharge a Prepaid Meter Using 3rd Party Channels:
These platforms are dependable and effective. Here’s how to use them to recharge.
- Visit Bajaj Finserv bbps page.
- After registration tap on electricity under bill & recharges
- Enter your meter number after choosing the electrical power company.
- Enter the amount you want to recharge.
- Proceed, enter, or submit by clicking the appropriate button.
- They will direct you to a payment gateway where you can pay with your ATM card, bank transfer, or any other available method.
How to Recharge a Prepaid Meter Using a Mobile App
This is an easy and straightforward procedure. Here’s how to recharge your phone using your mobile app:
- Download Bajaj Finserv app and Launch it.
- Select Pay Bills.
- Select Pay Electricity Bill.
- A prepaid meter should be chosen.
- Select a distribution company
- Enter your meter number here.
- Enter the amount to be recharged.
- Then pay with your preferred payment method
Recharging and paying your electricity bill online is very convenient and hassle-free through Bajaj Finserv app, they also provide discounts and offers on electricity bill payments.
Things to Watch Out for When Loading the Prepaid Meter
Now that we’ve covered how to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online using your phone. The following step is to learn how to check the Prepaid meter balance to see if it was successful.
- Total Credit Units Employed: Dial “07” on the keypad, then the blue button: and you will get a quick response.
- Meter number: If you don’t remember your meter number, dial “65,” then press the blue button, and the 11-digit meter number will be displayed to the user.
- Balance: After dialing “07” on the keypad, press the blue button to check your prepaid meter balance. Your current balance will be shown.
The simplest solution is to write to the electricity company and request that this bill is spread out over a longer period of time, as it will not be simply forgotten or wiped off. This way, you can simply pay in increments until the debt is paid off. As inconvenient as this may sound, it is the best way to ensure that it does not have a negative impact on your finances.
Concerning Prepaid Meter Code
- The PHCN introduced the Prepaid Meter in 2006 to ensure proper monitoring of electricity usage. Each prepaid meter can be identified, recharged, and used using the prepaid meter code, which is an 11-digit number.
- Simply pressing 65 and entering the (blue) button on the meter will yield the prepaid meter code or number. The 11-digit number will be easily visible and usable.
- It is now possible to recharge your phone from the comfort of your own home. Recharging the prepaid meter involves purchasing energy from distribution companies, agents, or online recharge or pin code information.
We believe that this guide will assist you in learning how to load a prepaid meter. It should be noted that this method is applicable to all prepaid meter types. It is now much easier to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online without having to use a bank app or an ATM machine. If you’ve been wondering how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online because you don’t have a bank app or don’t want to stress yourself out by going to the ATM, this is the answer.
Read also: How to Get a Virtual Number Easily