Android is the world’s most popular operating system running over billions of smartphones. 12 is the twelfth major release and the 19th version of Android. The mobile operating system was led by Google and developed by the open handset alliance. Android 12 was launched on October 19, 2021, with the stable version to support google pixel devices. Android 12 is also called a snow cone.
What’s New In Android 12
Android 12 includes the biggest design change in Android history in colours, shapes, light, and motions that is why Android 12 is more expressive, dynamic, and personal os than ever before. Android 12 delivers more personal, safe and effortless experiences on devices. Android 12 contrasts Apple’s singular vision for IOS, which has added some more personalisation features in IOS14 and IOS15 recently.
Android 12 Compatible Devices
Android 12 is compatible with the following devices
- Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
- Pixel 3 to Pixel 5 (including XL and A-series phones)
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Nokia X20
- OnePlus 9 / 9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11 / 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11i / 11X Pro
- ZTE Axon 30 Ultra (only Chinese models)
- Samsung Galaxys S22, S22 ultra, S21,S21+, S21 ultra,S20+,S20 ultra, S20fe, S10
Features of Android 12
Some of the features are listed below
- The lock screen has been altered by Google’s new design philosophy. The user will see a huge clock when they don’t have any notifications, and this becomes smaller when notifications come.
- By changing the wallpaper on the pixel the whole android 12 experience changes using advanced colour extraction algorithms users can easily personalise the look and feel of their phone including notifications, settings, widgets, and even selected apps.
- The conversation widget puts the conversation with the people on the home screen so the access chat is quick and never missed. Missed calls, birthdays can be seen at a glance.
- Android 12 includes a one-handed mode. It’s available in the Settings by going to System and then Gestures. This mode shrinks everything down to half size. It looks a lot like multi-window mode, except the top half of the screen is blank. The one-handed mode makes it easier to reach anything one-handed on taller phone repairs.
- Android 12 has new visibility features including
- A new window magnifier makes it easy to zoom without losing context on the rest of the screen content.
- Make the display extra dim for nighttime scrolling or where the lowest brightness setting is too bright.
- One can make his phone text appear bold for clear visibility
- Adjust colour on display on greyscale
- Android 12 has easy-to-use, powerful privacy features, they have peace of mind knowing that they have control over who can see their data and when.
- In android 12 users can see when an app is using its microphones or camera with the indicator in the phone status bar. If users don’t want these sensors they can disable them using two new toggles in quick settings.
- Privacy dashboard gives users a clear and complete view of when apps access user location, camera, or mic over the past 24 hours. If users see anything that they are not comfortable with they can manage permissions right from the dashboard.
- One of the features in android 12 for privacy is a private computer core which keeps the information private and it wouldn’t be shared with Google or any app or service.
- Android 12 has enhanced gaming performance as the user has to spend less time waiting as he can jump-start the play without waiting for the download to complete.
- Android 12 scrolling screenshots allow users to capture all the content on the page in one shot.
- Switching is made easy in android 12 as the user can transfer his essentials by connecting old phones to new android with a cable or shared wifi connection the data will be transferred easily.
- Android 12 has a feature that helps to unlock cars with their phones. This will work through NFC, users can unlock the car door by tapping their phones on the car’s door.
- Android 12 has introduced smoother audio transitions between apps. Audio is automatically faded out when an app loses audio focus providing a smoother transition between apps from playing over each other.
Finally, Android 12 feels firm and all features work as intended. Android 12 is Google’s most ambitious effort yet. Android has always stood for customizability and with Android 12 google is providing tools to change the look and feel of the phone. This is a big step forward for Google and android.